Casual/Part-time Warehouse Packing Assistant (20-25 hours)
We are a busy online store currently seeking a retail warehouse assistant to join our small team!
Working on a casual or part-time basis of 20-25 hours a week at our Kunda Park studio, you will be the go-to person for our staff, suppliers and customers. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to ensure all tasks are completed with both accuracy and efficiency. You have a strong work ethic, with excellent time management skills and a drive to get the job done effectively. In addition you will have a professional and positive approach to your work, and be competent in MS Office and Gmail.
As we are a small business, this role has many parts to it and you will be willing to lend a hand to any department when needed. If you are a team player with a hands on approach, then this is the job for you!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A fire and drive to get things done efficiently.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organisational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks with efficiency and excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive with the ability to think critically and independently.
- Embrace change with the flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent computer skills with sound knowledge of Gmail.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to liaise with diverse people in an informative, positive and customer-focused manner.
- Most of all - be willing to learn our business, and thrive in this role and be a team player.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage the business email inbox for incoming customer enquiries, supplier enquiries and urgent requests for action from the Directors.
- Managing day to day operations within the business.
- Processing and preparing orders.
- Maintain office space and office amenities.
- Maintain stock levels and inventory management.
- Assist with development and implementation of new systems, policies and procedures.
- Prep stock and quality control all items.
A Typical Day
- Respond to all customer enquiries and open emails (email only).
- Print all new orders, and pack said orders.
- Monitor all orders and ensure all items are being sent as soon as possible.
- Stock preparation.
- Organise office and/or warehouse space to best fit incoming orders.
- Liase with staff and company directors if necessary.
- Assist in maintaining office/warehouse space.
- Check back on any open customer issues and ensure everything is dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- Have a handle on all aspects of the day to day running of the business.
We are a busy online store, with at times a high demand on the successful applicant. Only those with excellent time management skills, and a strong work ethic should apply for this position. For the right applicant we are flexible with your work days/start times. We are a great team, and have an amazing work environment!
If you are interested in applying for this role, please write a short statement outlining why you would be the best person for this job, and attach a resume and email to email@example.com. Available for immediate start.